Kêu gọi tham gia “bút chiến” với các báo nước ngoài
Tin cập nhật:
- Kính mời quý Thầy Cô tham gia cùng Quỹ Nghiên cứu biển Đông trong việc phản biện một số bài báo có những tuyên bố sai lệch sự thật và không tuân thủ luật pháp quốc tế: http://unclos1982.com/
- Cập nhật thêm bài “How China Can Avoid Next Conflict” – The Diplomat (updated at 13:15 PM GMT+2 08/07/2011)
- Chú ý: “China urges consensus with Vietnam on S. China Sea issue” – Xinhua Lại một bài nữa cho thấy sự trái ngược trong việc đưa tin của truyền thông Trung Quốc và Việt Nam liên quan đến tuyên bố của Ông Hồng Lỗi: “Both countries are opposed to external forces getting involved in the dispute between China and Vietnam”. Báo chí và cơ quan truyền thông chính thức của Bộ Ngoại giao Việt Nam không có nội dung của tuyên bố này: trên trang đại diện Bộ Ngoại Giao, trên trang Thủ tướng Nguyễn Tấn Dũng. Kể cả BBC (bài 1, bài 2) cũng không nói đến chi tiết này . RFI chỉ dẫn lại lời của báo này. (updated at 13:15 PM GMT+2 30/06/2011)
- Chú ý: “Vietnamese demonstrate against China for third weekend“. Bài này đăng lại trên trang của ta. Có lẽ có bức ảnh máu quá làm cho bạn Tàu khựa phải lên tiếng. (updated at 00:47 AM GMT+2 30/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “China and Vietnam: a timeline of conflict” – CNN (updated at 13:00 PM GMT+2 29/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Vietnam ‘upsets’ Chinese public” – Global Times (updated at 00:51 AM GMT+2 24/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “China, Vietnam hold joint sea patrols: ministry” – AFP (updated at 11:48 AM GMT+2 23/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “China must react to Vietnam’s provocation” - Global Times (updated at 23:23 PM GMT+2 21/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Vietnam should wake up to Danger !” – People’s Daily. Bài này viết theo dạng chuyên mục (column). Các bình luận của tác giả (columnist) không phụ thuộc trách nhiệm của tòa soạn. (updated at 23:23 PM GMT+2 19/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “South China Sea tensions flare again as Vietnam announces naval drill next week” – Global Times (updated at 09:52 AM GMT+2 20/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Vietnamese protest China amid rising tensions” – AP (updated at 23:23 PM GMT+2 19/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài ”Vietnam fishermen allege China seizure: Official“ - Yahoo! AFP (updated at 12:02 AM GMT+2 17/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm một số comments từ các bài “China blames Vietnam for rising tensions over disputed sea” – CNN, “U.S. Credibility at Stake in South China Sea, Senator Says” - CNSNews và “Rivals push to rename the South China Sea” – CNN (updated at 11:43 AM GMT+2 17/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “UPDATE 3-China sends ship “to protect sovereignty” in disputed sea” – Reuters và Yahoo! (updated at 11:08 AM GMT+2 16/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Rivals push to rename the South China Sea” – CNN (updated at 10:02 AM GMT+2 16/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “U.S. Credibility at Stake in South China Sea, Senator Says” - CNSNews (updated at 21:27 PM GMT+2 15/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm một số comments hay từ bài “China blames Vietnam for rising tensions over disputed sea” – CNN (updated at 09:06 AM GMT+2 15/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “A Dispute At Sea Escalates China, Vietnam Tensions” – NPR (updated at 08:47 AM GMT+2 15/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “China blames Vietnam for rising tensions over disputed sea” – CNN (updated at 13:28 PM GMT+2 14/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Vietnam’s navy conducts live-fire drill amid nasty dispute with China over South China Sea” – The Washington Post | AP. Bài này tiêu đề giống như trên tờ The Canadian Press nhưng nội dung khác nhau nhiều. (updated at 11:13 AM GMT+2 13/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm 2 bài có cùng nội dung nhưng khác tiêu đề “Vietnam holds live-fire navy drill amid China spat” Yahoo! AP và “Vietnam’s navy conducts live-fire drill amid nasty dispute with China over South China Sea” Yahoo! The Canadian Press (updated at 10:52 AM GMT+2 13/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài Mer de Chine méridionale : Le Vietnam et les Philippines en colère contre la Chine - Radio86 (updated at 10:43 AM GMT+2 13/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm một số comments hay từ 2 bài “Sea dispute a real test for China” – China Daily và “Vietnam urged to stop sovereignty violation” - Xinhua (updated at 10:31 AM GMT+2 13/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm 2 bài có cùng nội dung nhưng khác tiêu đề “Hundreds of Vietnamese hold anti-China protest” - Yahoo! AP và “Vietnamese protest China a day before holding live-ammunition drill in South China Sea” - Yahoo! AP | The Canadian Press (updated at 09:28 AM GMT+2 12/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “China Tries to Start a War?” – The Daily Bell (updated at 08:48 AM GMT+2 12/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Fresh anti-China demos in Vietnam” – AFP (updated at 08:08 AM GMT+2 12/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm 2 bài “Sea dispute a real test for China” – China Daily và “Vietnam urged to stop sovereignty violation” - Xinhua (updated at 01:27 AM GMT+2 12/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “China accuses Vietnam in escalating sea tensions” - AP (updated at 17:21 PM GMT+2 11/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Vietnam Protests Chinese Attack On Vietnamese Survey Ships” – BigPeace (updated at 16:22 PM GMT+2 11/06/2011)
- *Thông báo*: Lại xuất hiện một hình thức chỉnh sửa khác của các báo lớn: Hôm nay 11/06, Tờ NYTimes đã chỉnh sửa nội dung của bài “Dispute Between Vietnam and China Escalates Over Competing Claims in South China Sea“. Nội dung thay đổi được nếu ra ở cuối bài (thành thật hơn cách ứng xử của BBC hôm qua). Bản cũ của bài này được lưu trữ tại đây: http://goo.gl/mC2iT (updated on 13:54 PM GMT+2 11/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Dispute Between Vietnam and China Escalates Over Competing Claims in South China Sea “- NewYork Times (updated on 09:34 AM GMT+2 11/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Stand-off between Vietnam and China over oil” – Daily Mail (updated at 09:06 AM GMT+2 11/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Vietnam welcomes international help as sea dispute escalates” – Reuters (updated at 08:39AM GMT+2 11/06/2011)
- Cập nhật một số comments hay ở cuối bài (updated at 07:33 AM GMT+2 11/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “WASHINGTON – Les Etats-Unis veulent une issue “pacifique” en mer de Chine du Sud” – Yahoo! AFP (updated at 23:31 PMGMT+2 10/06/2011)
- Lưu ý: Khi đã có comment, xin quý Thầy Cô, anh chị và các bạn vui lòng báo lại để Nhóm kịp thời cập nhật trên trang này. (updated at 21:38 PM GMT+2 10/06/2011)
- Cập nhật thêm bài “Les Spratleys provoquent une escalade entre Pékin et Hanoï“ – RFI (updated at 19:25 PM GMT+2 10/06/2011)
- *Thông báo khẩn*: Bài viết trên BBC sáng nay với tiêu đề “China ‘cable cutting’ angers Vietnam in Spratlys row“ (http://goo.gl/kzraI) đã bị đổi tên và các lập luận trái ngược nhau. Bản cũ xem tại đây: http://goo.gl/rYDz1. Vì vậy, xin thông báo đến tất cả các Quý Thầy Cô, anh chị và các bạn đã chia sẻ bài viết này kiểm tra lại nội dung và có thể xóa đi để tránh những hiểu nhầm đáng tiếc. (updated at 15:03 GMT+2 10/06/2011)
- Thêm 5 bài viết có sự hiện diện của “quân ta”. (updated at 13:41 PM GMT+2 10/06/2011)
- Hiện đang có một bài viết của Reuters “China accuses Vietnam in escalating sea tensions” dẫn tin từ phát ngôn viên (PNV) Bộ Ngoại giao TQ khẳng định hoàn toàn trái ngược với bản tường trình của Bộ Ngoại giao Việt Nam. Bài viết này đang lan rộng trên khắp Internet và có số lượng đăng lại rất nhiều so với các bài viết dẫn lời PNV Nguyễn Phương Nga hôm qua 09/06. (updated at 08:25 AM – GMT+2 10/06/2011)
Trước hết, xin cho phép Nhóm OVSED gửi lời cảm ơn chân thành đến tất cả các Thầy Cô, anh chị và các bạn đã có những góp ý, động viên và ủng hộ các việc làm của Nhóm trong thời gian qua. Đó là sự khích lệ có giá trị tinh thần đặc biệt đối với Nhóm. Hy vọng rằng với sự hỗ trợ và hợp tác của các bạn hữu gần xa, Nhóm OVSED sẽ ngày càng lớn mạnh và các việc làm của Nhóm trở nên thiết thực và hữu ích hơn.
Trở lại với vấn đề rất cấp bách hiện nay: “Biển Đông lại dậy sóng!”. Trung Quốc lại tiếp tục những hành động hết sức ngang ngược và coi thường luật pháp quốc tế. Đáng nói hơn ngoài những luận điệu vô căn cứ, đó là việc bóp méo sự thật và xuyên tạc lịch sử trên các phương tiện thông tin đại chúng nhằm đánh tiếng dư luận và hòng thực hiện ý đồ hiện thực hóa đường lưỡi bò chín đoạn của mình. Đứng trước sự việc đó, chắc hẳn thời gian qua quý Thầy Cô, anh chị và các bạn cũng đã có những bài viết phản đối mạnh mẽ những hành động của Trung Quốc và lên tiếng bảo vệ cho quyền tài phán tuyệt đối của Việt Nam tại 2 quần đảo Hoàng Sa và Trường Sa.
Tuy nhiên, “một con chim én không làm nên mùa xuân”. Do vậy, để huy động được sức mạnh, chúng ta hãy cùng nhau tham gia vào cuộc “bút chiến” với các tờ báo lớn trên thế giới. Mỗi người trang bị cho mình những kiến thức cơ bản về hồ sơ Biển Đông và những lập luận có cơ sở pháp lý, địa lý và lịch sử để làm một loại “vũ khí” có sức công phá mãnh liệt trên “chiến trường” ngoại giao. Chúng ta viết lời bình luận (comment) sau các bài báo đã đăng để chứng minh cho thế giới thấy được sự vô lý của Trung Quốc. Qua đó chúng ta thể hiện được tinh thần yêu nước và sự đoàn kết của dân tộc Việt Nam anh hùng mà cha ông chúng ta đã làm được trong các cuộc kháng chiến lịch sử chống Pháp, Mỹ cứu nước. Đó cũng là niềm tự hào của dân tộc Việt Nam trước bạn bè quốc tế. Họ sẽ hiểu được vì sao chúng ta đã làm nên chiến thắng!
Vì vậy, Nhóm OVSED xin cập nhật dưới đây danh sách các bài báo đã đăng trên các tạp chí, trang web nước ngoài. Quý Thầy Cô, anh chị và các bạn có thể tự chọn các bài tùy theo các loại ngôn ngữ khác nhau. Ngoài ra, nếu quý Thầy Cô, anh chị và các bạn có bài viết đã được đăng trên các báo nước ngoài hoặc biết những bài viết hay mà chưa được liệt kê trong danh sách này, có thể gửi về cho Nhóm theo địa chỉ email@example.com hoặc theo hệ thống comment bên dưới bài viết này.
- “How China Can Avoid Next Conflict” – The Diplomat
- “China urges consensus with Vietnam on S. China Sea issue” – Xinhua
- “China and Vietnam: a timeline of conflict” – CNN
- “Vietnam ‘upsets’ Chinese public” – Global Times
- “China, Vietnam hold joint sea patrols: ministry” – AFP
- “China must react to Vietnam’s provocation” - Global Times
- “Vietnam should wake up to Danger !” - People’s Daily
- “South China Sea tensions flare again as Vietnam announces naval drill next week” - Global Times
- “Vietnamese protest China amid rising tensions” – AP
- “Vietnam fishermen allege China seizure: Official“ - Yahoo! AFP
- “UPDATE 3-China sends ship “to protect sovereignty” in disputed sea” – Reuters
- “UPDATE 3-China sends ship “to protect sovereignty” in disputed sea” – Yahoo! Reuters
- “Rivals push to rename the South China Sea” – CNN
- “U.S. Credibility at Stake in South China Sea, Senator Says” - CNSNews
- “A Dispute At Sea Escalates China, Vietnam Tensions” – NPR
- “China blames Vietnam for rising tensions over disputed sea” – CNN
- “Vietnam’s navy conducts live-fire drill amid nasty dispute with China over South China Sea” – The Washington Post | AP
- “Vietnam’s navy conducts live-fire drill amid nasty dispute with China over South China Sea” Yahoo! The Canadian Press
- “Vietnam holds live-fire navy drill amid China spat” Yahoo! AP
- Hundreds of Vietnamese hold anti-China protest - Yahoo! AP
- Vietnamese protest China a day before holding live-ammunition drill in South China Sea - Yahoo! AP | The Canadian Press
- “China Tries to Start a War?“ – The Daily Bell
- Fresh anti-China demos in Vietnam
- Vietnam Protests Chinese Attack On Vietnamese Survey Ships – BigPeace
- Dispute Between Vietnam and China Escalates Over Competing Claims in South China Sea - NewYork Times
- Vietnam welcomes international help as sea dispute escalates – Reuters
- VN, China spat over disputed area - Bangkok Post
- Chinese agression in the South China Sea persists, says Vietnam Foreign Minister - IBTimes
- Vietnam Says Chinese Boat Harassed PetroVietnam Survey Ship – BusinessWeek/Bloomberg
- Vietnam complains to China as sea tensions rise – ABS-CBN
- China ‘agrees’ to immediate peace in S. China Sea – Jakarta Post
- China’s U-Shaped Claims – The Diplomat
- Vietnam PM says sea sovereignty ‘incontestable’ – Yahoo/AFP
- ASEAN countries invoke commitment to peace amidst South China Sea dispute - The POC
- Vietnam accuses China of harassing another boat - Reuters
- Vietnam accuses China of escalating tensions – Yahoo/AP
- Vietnam says China fishing boat rams research ship – StraitsTimes/AFP
- Facebook Call Prompts Protest Marches in Vietnam Over Dispute With China – Bloomberg
- Vietnam’s anger over China maritime moves – BBC (Author: Nga Pham)
- (…continuing updates)
- Mer de Chine méridionale : Le Vietnam et les Philippines en colère contre la Chine - Radio86
- WASHINGTON – Les Etats-Unis veulent une issue “pacifique” en mer de Chine du Sud – Yahoo! AFP
- Les Spratleys provoquent une escalade entre Pékin et Hanoï – RFI
- Le Vietnam bombe le torse face aux ambitions chinoises – Libération
- Hanoï et Pékin se disputent 2 archipels en mer de Chine méridionale – RFI
- Tensions entre Hanoï et Pékin: Ambitions territoriales chinoises – Express/AFP
- Conflit maritime Chine-Vietnam : une conséquence des ambitions géostratégiques chinoises ? – Radio86
- (…continuing updates)
- Trung Quốc lại xâm nhập hải phận Việt Nam và cắt dây cáp của tàu thăm dò dầu khí – RFI
- Tàu Trung Quốc lại cắt cáp của tàu Việt Nam – BBC
- (…continuing updates)
Tổng hợp một số comments hay (most voted/liked):
(thứ tự không mang giá trị ưu tiên)
“The Paracels islands belong to Vietnam and during the Vietnamese civil war, in 1974, china attacked South Vietnamese forces and steal these islands. If they were ever, ever held by china how the heck do you think Vietnamese get possession of it? This is the main reason china doesn’t want to internationalize this issue; every country in the world know they belong to Vietnam and Vietnam has possession until china attack and steal them. They acted like looters really. While one country is in a civil ware they came in and loot the islands.”
From Robert Nguyen:
“It’s time that all South East Asians stand up, unite and resist Chinese naked aggression. This bullying behaviors should not be tolerated by all freedom loving, and civilized people of the World.The body of the Sea is appropriately named South East Asian Sea to honor all neighboring countries around the sea. South China was a colonial name and does not reflect true identity of the region.We should all now at least boycott all Chinese goods, and help China gains its rationale consciousness – – – and should it continue with its belligerent behaviors; we will need a stronger measures…”
“If you think that China has all evidences, then prove it, bring all “evidences” to international courts, and solve disputes in peace and in the civilized manner. Why China does not go for that. Just because their “evidences” are fake and the weakest among all other claimants in the region. Please do not claim that Tibet, Southeast Asia Sea belonged to China for a thousand years. It is just ridiculous and nobody believes it (except the Chinese people who are brainwashed by their own government).”
“China has no rights to the Spratly and Paracel Islands. Their claims are the weakest among the parties that are involved. They use the same argument to claim that Viet Nam and Mongolia are parts of China. The lands that they occupied resulted from bullying and naval attacks on their neighbors. Southeast Asia will stand together against China’s aggression.”
“Almost all countries in the region want the presence of the US. China does not like to see the US there, just because without the US, China would feel much more comfortable in handling, exerting pressure on the smaller neighbours. China does not care if it violates international law or not (i.e. UNCLOS 1982). Its ambition is to completely dominate and control the Southeast Asia sea. If China succeeds, apart from oil resources, one of busiest sea lanes in the world will be under China’s control. As a result, not only ASEAN countries, but also
Japan, South Korea will depend strongly on China. ASEAN countries really need the support from the outside world to prevent China from bullying.”
“Since China don’t wanna follow the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), in which China is one of its signatories, its the obligation of every United Nation countries to get involved.”
“First, CNN must show its objective voice when
reporting the international issue because of having a sincere respect for
itself and the readers all over the world.
The Chinese government brainwashed its people by
propagandizing false and deviatory information and encouraging extreme
nationalism. So what is the truth?
The truth is that:
- In 1974, making corrupt use of Vietnam War not yet to make its
end, Chinese government opened wicked act of aggression in the Paracel Islands
of Vietnam. The entire world has known this.
- In 1988, once again, Chinese greedy and cruel government
did a malicious plot to kill many brave soldiers and invaded the Spratly
Islands of Vietnam. And the whole world has known this too.
- Since then, so many times, Chinese fishery
administration vessels have attacked, stolen property of Vietnamese
fishing ships, and demanded a ransom from their family.
- 26/05/2011: three Chinese marine surveillance vessels
entered Vietnam’s Exclusive Economic Zone and continental shelf and cut the
exploration cables of Binh Minh 02 ship of PetroVietnam corp.
- 09/06/2011: repeating the dirty trick with Viking 2 ship
of PetroVietnam corp.
Wanna see the proofs? Just ask Google.
You, the people on all over the world, should be
well aware that Sino is keeping clearly bullying its neighbor countries,
seriously violating the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the
Sea, DOC 2002, and already use forces to solve all things.
Listen to what Sino said, and see what it has been doing. Like
black and white, never walk abreast. Good words, but bad actions.”
“Based on all comments here, it seems that China can not cheat people in the world with their nonsense and tricks. At least common sense prevails here. Maybe the US is not always good, but this world really needs a strong nation as the US to somehow contain bullying states such as China. In this sense the US is much benign than the malign China.”
“Such a regional bully! I feel shame for Chinese people! you guys just comments something here without any grounded evidences! How can a regional bully become a superpower in 20 10 or 20 years? China has no friend and all the time the Beijing government just tries to invades all the countries around! What kind of superpower are you?”
“Remember that a hand cannot hide the whole sky. China is also like a hand. The world knows what china is doing and dreaming for. The problem is that they want or donot want to say them out. China Goverment is always speaking out that China is not a threat for other countries, but the world understand in mind that they must be careful and on the alert against China as its actions are frequently against its words.”
“Really tired of this issue @.@ Just wonder why Chinese teach children the wrong history? Now Chinese people believe that China is very very great, they help VN to defeat France and US … bla bla … Do they know that Chinese always tried to invade VN many times in the past? Do they khow that Chinese dominated VN in a thousand years? Do they know that Chinese are trying to stole the islands and sea that belong to VN???
Sad for a big country but weak education.”
“It’s funny when many Chinese said that Spratly and Paracel Islands were stolen by Vietnamese. Pls tell me, when VN stole these islands? Without military actions? Chinese never established administration at these islands until they attacked Vietnamese Navy in 1974 (Paracel Islands), and then started their invasion into Spratly in 1988. Please tell me, how Vietnamese could invade and stole these islands? Maybe 1000 years ago?
You are ignorant when you told me that Vietnamese invade these territories.
It’s shame for Chinese government, who support criminal regimes like Pol Pot in Combodia and Kim Il Sung in North Korea. Thanks for your support during Vietnam Wars, but never forget that Chinese invade Vietnam in 1979 and left thousands innocent people dead.”
“FINAL COMMENTS ON THIS ISSUE: Firstly, as ordinary people, we love peace, pray peace for the whole world, and we have great desire to live peacefully and independently in our whole territory and waters as well as cooperate with other friendly countries in the world for a development. We are against the fact that China in recent days has been sailing into our own waters which is not the disputed areas and disturbing our economic activities. China must stop its illegal actions so that everything is kept in peace.
Secondly, for disputed waters, China should sit on the negotiation table with ASEAN countries, instead of using several provocatively violent actions like in recent days.
Thirdly, we know that Chinese Governent is using ships the so-called civilian ships to hide itself behind in order to disturb and provoke us with a hope that we will be angry. And then China will rely on this excuse to expand violence. Remember that we know all things China is doing and we will never fall into Chinese Goverment’s trap. Chinese Goverment want us to turn right, we will turn left….We are alway confident in the strength of justice, inteligence and solidarity.
In conclusion, live in peace and meet together on the negotiation table, bahave as inteligent and friendly people, avoiding using violence as China has been taking in recent days!
“This is only the start. If they become a superpower they’ll claim the Mediterranean and the Amazon River as theirs !”
“If USA was a weak nation, China would claim that Pacific Ocean is theirs”
“They used their power to make their law without know it’s right or wrong.”
“China only care for economic growth and nothing else. The Chinese need enourmous resources to satisfy their greed. When their own resources ran out, they will seek war to steal others.”
“China used lowly method to disturb the peace in the EAST SEA. The Vietnamese are smart to keep their head cool or else they could have fallen into China’s trap.
Should a war ignite between 2 countries, I will really feel sorry for the poor souls of ordinary Chinese people. They are pawns sacrificed for a scheme to satisfy the greed of their politicians and the filthy rich corporations. The sea does not belong to China at first place. Vietnam has become united nation from the top to the bottom to do whatever it takes defending their ancestors’ land and sea. Chinese have no odd to win a war like this and there are records in history to prove that.NOTE TO CHINA: Withdraw your tentacles and act like a peacful world citizen.”
“We, Vietnamese people, have all evidences to convince that Chinese ship
violated to Vietnamese sea based on international maritime law 1982. Let type the name:
“Chinese ship seismic cable cut in Vietnam” on Google you will see video what Chinese ship did inside Vietnamese sea. This is 21′s Century, even
though Vietnam is a small country but China, a big country, don’t think
that they can do everything whenever or whatever they want to do.”
“CNN, how is this fair that this article quotes only the words of the chinese spokeperson on the issue? Is this what you call objective journalism?”
“Two recent incidents where Chinese ships cut cables and
harassed Vietnamese seismic survey ships took place well within Vietnam’s EEZ,
not far from Vietnam’s coastline (<120 miles), but quite far (>200 miles)
from Spratly and Paracel archipelagos. These regions are not disputed ones. Vietnam
has all legal rights to conduct economic activities in these regions inside its
EEZ. China as a country
which has signed and ratified UNCLOS must respect Vietnam’s sovereignty.”
“Anyone on there right mind would look up to see where the clash on sea happened. The sea area is known as Lot 148. ”It is just 120 nautical miles or 222km off the coast of central Vietnam, and about five times that distance from China proper.” According to the UNCLOS, the sea area is within the Exclusive Economic Zone of Vietnam. Chinese ships came there to harass the Vietnamese fishermen and cut off the cables of a seismic survey vessels operated by Vietnam. The incidents were initiated by Chinese ships and navy and then repeated 3 times within 2 weeks. Now China is blaming Vietnam for rising tensions. What is this? Chinese’s ”big mouth” diplomatic policy”
“CNN is not fair by allowing only one sided-reporting… where’s comments/complaints from Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and the Philippines? Additionally, you are factually wrong by using Chinese party line of ” disputed area “… Chinese navy and gun boats were 100 miles from the coasts of Vietnam and Philippines and 1,000 miles from mainland China which are legally violations of international laws. I expect more of CNN and become disappointed!”
“China trespassed on 200 seamiles of Vietnam’s territory (Law of sea 1982), killed fisherman, cut caple to vandalize our property. It’s unacceptable. Now, they blamed Vietnam for rising tension -> very ridiculous.
Vietnam is a small country but everyone in Vietnam is patriotic. we’re willing to do
anything to protect our territory. We don’t fear anyone, any country.”
“It is simple: The Chinese are getting desperate because in the near future they are going to run out of essential resources, that is why they are making these outrageous claims. If you look at the map of the region and what China is claiming, you may as well think that they are claiming Vietnam itself. The Vietnamese are being forced to respond in this manner. If China does not back off, there is going to be a war, China knows this but is hoping that Vietnam will back off first, that of course will never happen because it is their sovereign territory.”
“CNN is frealing unfair to represent information 1 side like this. I been reading and never see CNN talk about China harrass, invaded and kill other fisherman of Vietnam and Philippines. When I read BBC, they represent both side and I also see the territorial water claimed by China and everybody knows it’s very wrong when China first irk and bully all ASEAN , but here CNN cannot do so? So what CNN stand for ? CNN is objective reporter ? Big question on you CNN ?”
“Is this article written or paid by the Chinese government? It sounds so biased to me. How a small country like Vietnam could want to intensify the tensions?
The fact is that all of China’s neighbors are afraid of China’s growth and China’s grave acts. China’s neighbors are sick of China’s claims over the whole South China Sea. China needs to know that its claim is shameful and damages its image.
No one cares about the history of these small islands 1000 years ago. But in the most recent history of a few hundred years, these Islands have been belonged to Vietnam. Distantly, these islands are close to Vietnam and Philippines. China needs to stop its outrageous acts.”
“China should not treat Vietnam as though it is Tibet, Taiwan, Sinkiang, etc…These islands are ours for the last 300+ years—-your nation has a huge landmass and sea control–there’s no way to brag to the world that there’s no room for your economic development and growing population. The Vietnamese people will fight and defend our sovereignty and independence against any aggressive nation.”
“According to United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982 , the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) is an area which extends up to 200 nautical miles from the territorial sea baselines of a coastal State. Vietnam and China are signatories of this Convention. The area that Vietnam conducts exploration activities completely in line with the exclusive economic zone (in 200 nautical miles of continental shelf). It is totally not disputed area and China can not say that it is within the area managed by China. Chinese ships cut survey cables of a Vietnamese vessel at a place that is only 120 nautical miles off Phu Yen province (Central Vietnam). That means China violated the Vietnamese EEZ about 80 nautical miles (=200-120). Obviously, we can see that China is trying to turn the Vietnamese EEZ (no dispute) into disputed area by intentionally misleading the public opinion into thinking it is a disputed area.
Do you know that Chinese navy ships often intercepted Vietnamese fishermen, confiscated their boats and demanded ransom? In addition, Chinese forces in the Paracels Islands (Chinese military forces illegally seized it from Vietnam in 1974) have refused shelter for Vietnamese fishermen during tropical storms. All of these actions are unacceptable, so people have to protest.”
“You, me and all of Peoples in the World, we wish always having the justice and objective true. Why do we see the acctual tensions? I think that this reside in the China’s claim liked the vast U-line which is not adherent to the international marine law (UNCLO 82, signed also by China).
So, it is normal that Vienamese ship has conducted the seismic survey in its waters approuved by the UNCLOS (200 nautical miles).
Please the author gives the analyse of the tension origine and show the China’s justifications to the own of Islands and concerning sea. Thank you.”
“Still waiting for someone to explain China’s justification for claiming the entire South China Sea?”
“China is losing their friends and neighbourhood. Your actions are pushing the countries of ASEAN to be united to protect themselves.”
“The point the professor made is such a comical one. Is there any article in the Law of the Sea or any customary law saying that if a country has a big population, it should have bigger maritime zone? Look at China’s U-shaped line and sea that China’s depriving others’ legitimate rights to their EEZs under UNCLOS? Who gives China that right? Is it the big population?”
“Mark,this is fun!!! History lessons again? Tibet? Mongolia? Lets stick with what’s happening Today? China has not yet learned to be a responsible leader. Their actions in the South China Sea are pushing the region closer to the United States. Smaller countries need friends and China has not shown any leadership or friendship to the region. China signed the “Code of Conduct ” in 2002. That signing was a good first step towards friendship and cooperation in the region. However now China is turning away from the “Code of Conduct” and is trying to bully its neighbors which in turn pushes them to the west. China has no friends.”
“The author has not mentioned any provoking actions of Chinese naval patrol and fishing boats in the area. China always speaks one way and acts the other opposite way. They can be getting wealthier but their philosophy of leadership is still way too far from that of the US.”
“If China would follow international law, then there would be no disputes in the South China Sea. But China wants to claim the WHOLE sea!!!! Even islands over 600 natical miles from its mainland, to the world that is clearly not acceptable. China is simply being a bully to other nations, and they are angered that their illegal actions are being broadcasted by other nations in the region. China must adhere to the “2002 code of conduct” and international law.”
From “to chinese trolls”:
“Much of the world is against China on this one. I wonder how China’s propaganda media will twist the facts to brainwash the Chinese yet again. If Chinese ever looked at a map once in a while, they would know that Vietnam and the Philippines are natural owners of the south sea. Chinese people, look at the map for once!!!!”
“It also would be helpful if the writer summarizes some “violent actions” that were against UNCLOS 1982 and refers readers to neutral international media to know what they are talking.”
“It would be helpful for this story to also carry a map showing where these activities are taking place, without other line markings.”
From Truong sa:
“I think Vietnam is the victim of Chinese aggression. Feedback from 1974, China first invaded the Paracel Islands, occupied the islands illegally a dream and still keep to this day. And I also want to say that the Chinese military attacked the South Vietnamese troops in 1988, as well as the arrest of ships Vietnamese fishermen for over a decade past, most evidence of the dangers vi did not come out to deal with China when they claimed illegal in the South China Sea.
With what I have said, competition in fact, Vietnam is very hard to do anything yourself before Chinese aggression. Vietnam needs help from other ASEAN countries as well as other countries, such as the U.S., to terminate the conversation to end China’s bullying and threats outside the South China Sea. We have seen, each individual country will not be able to play again sometimes with China on all aspects of military and economic. Therefore requires the cooperation of many countries to resolve this volatility.
“The people of Vietnam, Vietnam country have the will and determination combined strength of the whole nation to preserve and protect the seas and their islands.”
“We patiently settle policy disputes in the South China Sea by peaceful means on the basis of international law, particularly the Law of the Sea Convention in 1982 by the United Nations, and opposed strongly and consistently We struggle with activities violating the sovereignty and legitimate interests of our sea. “The people of Vietnam are not afraid of China, but we are not cheering the war. “
“China all the above is completely untrue, you think about Vietnam a small peace-loving nations (peace index, they ranked 35th in the world) they can not invade a country such as China, just the opposite is happening. But Vietnam will fight to protect all their legitimate rights as to what they have done in history, you just wait for that. “
“Respect needs to be earned and not forced. Cambodia has enough of China. Half of Cambodia’s population was killed by Chinese advisors.”
“This news shows that China carries fire in one hand and water in the other.
What a shame!”
- “China is shameless , unreliable as their products”
- “yes, China should stop there , don’t try to invade Viet Nam as China did to Tibet”
“all of accusations of china on vietnamese is lied, fake and unrealistic. in contrary, china navy with big patrol and highly equipped ships has being threatened poor and innocent vietnamese fishing boats near spratly island where ancestor of vietnamese used to fish for thousands of years. and now suddenly, china states that this region is belonging to its territory and use force to archive whatever they want in spratly island.recently, vietnamese was shocked as 3 chinese ships getting in vietnam sea ( in 200 mile from land) and cutting cable of vietnamese ship and nobody knows how far this crime will go in near future. vietnamese fishers are beaten and threaten every day by chinese forces. even when i am writing this comments that crime is haapening out there near spratly island. the threatening is more intensified recently which can lead to a regional sea war anytime if the intention is keeping like this. furthermore, china is famous for violating the borders of other nations with no reason given. i highly condemn this violation and expect all nations, especially who have border with china to consolidate together to prevent and defeat any further sovereignty violation from china as we expect to have more such sovereignty violation in near future to protect peace and teach china that sovereignty violation is crime.”
“china claims the whole world, the usa is just another breakaway province like tibet.”
“China has clearly violated VN and Philipine water, look in the map these islands is so far triple from Communist China so why they insist to claim those islands. Their greedy will be punished by the US eventually, please do not buy any products Made in China so they will not have any resource to intimidate their neighbors forever.”
“I want to say this to the Chinese gov… not the chinese people….We, the vietnamese love peace….but we will fight you and will defeat you again… as we did in the past (read history). Your dream of world domination will be crushed… the same way the USA crushed the evildoers in WW2…Don’t you learn anything from history ? from the law of cause and the law of cause and effect….You keep doing the evil and God makes sure you will pay.You throw a ball really hard and it will bounce back at you really hard.Remember, Great power comes with great responsibility….and when you don’t know how to take responsibility….you should not have any power….. Learn from the history… fool.”
From Stuck In The Far East:
“Glad Vietnam & Philippines are standing up to China. They are the bully of Asia, trying to claim islands and sea water far from their coast. The CCP lies not only to the world but their own people.”
“The CCP has been under the illusion believing that the whole sea belongs to China because it’s been called South China Sea. The first step in resolving this crisis is to rename it to something such as “South East Asia Sea”.”
“Name calling realistically has nothing to do with China’s greed.
No matter what it’s called, that fact will never change.
The most doable save-the-day solution I believe is first to comprehensively engage the US, military and economic. Second, the Vietnamese people shall support domestic goods by using them no matter what. Thus, local manufactures get boosted and improved, and what results is less dependent on Chinese’ cheap yet harmful products. Third, stop receiving any soft loan from China as this Chinese political trick will shut up and paralyze government response.
Vietnamese government must realize the two critical keys for Vietnam to defense its sovereignty has always been its righteous people and the US allying treaty.
It might be late but still better off than stay poorly bullied.”
First of all, this is NOT the WAR of Vietnamese and Chinese people. This is just a kind of words war of medias that were controlled by the government of two countries.
So, let us be calm down! We ALL love PEACE! Please try to find the solution for PEACE!
Thus, we can clarify some reasons why two governments have committed these disputes:
FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT:
Firstly, look at the energy policy of Chinese government [1, 2].
Secondly, look at the presence of Chinese in the world [3, 4].
=> We can understand why Chinese government needs to do everything to expand its presence at the Southeast Asia Sea (a.k.a “South China Sea”).
FOR VIETNAMESE GOVERNMENT:
Firstly, look at this map .
Secondly, read UNCLOS-1982 .
Thirdly, read DOC-2002 .
If you are Vietnamese, what will you do?Vietnamese as Chinese or every kinds of ethnics in the world, they must do everything to protect their sovereignty and to protect themselves.
So, let us find the solutions to stop every invasion between these countries. PLEASE call for PEACE!
 Stephen J. Ruscheinski. China’s energy security and the South China Sea, Master Thesis, Faculty of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, 2002. (http://goo.gl/T04oX)
 Wikipedia, Energy policy of the People’s Republic of China, viewed on June 11, 2011. (http://goo.gl/tIGvd)
 Gordon G. Chang. Chinese Entrepreneurs Are Leaving China. Forbes News, June 5, 2011.(http://goo.gl/b9Qet)
 Raymond Hu. Chinese Investment in Africa: A Dangerous Game, Journal of American Foreign Policy, March 16, 2011. (http://goo.gl/eQqs4)
 Vaudine England. Who’s right in South China Sea spat?, BBC News, March 13, 2009. (http://goo.gl/dU8Kk)
 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), 1982. (http://goo.gl/hVr6a)
 Declaration on the Conduct (DOC) of Parties in the South China Sea, 2002. (http://goo.gl/64z0U)
“Les vietnamiens ne sont jamais pliés devant les grandes puissances du monde et c’est toujours au présent et à l’avenir. Nous ne laissons pas les chinois mal-honnete toucher à notre souveraineté. Nous ne les laissons pas d’inventer un deuxième “Gulf of Tonkin incident” comme les Américains a inventé en Aout 1964. Nous gardons notre calme pour entériner les provocations des chinois de mauvaises intentions. Vive la paix et le respect des droits internationaux. Cuong K39″
“Dans le discours de 45 minuites à “Shangri-La dialog” au Singapour le 5 juin 2011, le ministre de la défense chinois répète 27 fois le mot “paix”. Alors que le 26 mais, deux navires armés chinois entrent profondément dans l’eau territoriale du Vietnam pour violer leur bateau d’exploration. Aujourd’hui, elle envoie un bateau “pêcheur” protégé par 2 bateaux armés, qui entre encore dans la zone économique exclusive pour percuter et provoquer des dégats. La chine essaie de provoquer les conflits et monter la tension afin de chercher la raison pour attaquer le Vietnam. Quel comportement d’un grand pays!!!”