“Entrepreneurship and its Socio-cultural Contexts”

By admin on September 8, 2012

• SumoMe

Call for papers

Journal cover image

J. for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development

Special Issue on: “Entrepreneurship and its Socio-cultural Contexts”

Guest Editor:
Mai Thi Thanh Thai, HEC Montreal, Canada

The literature acknowledges that context is important for understanding when, how and why entrepreneurship happens and who becomes involved. Since entrepreneurship is about people, it is conditioned by the socio-cultural background of the entrepreneurs as well the socio-cultural contexts in which they do their business. On the other hand, as an economic activity, entrepreneurship can exert certain influence on socio-cultural changes. However, the link between entrepreneurship and its socio-cultural contexts is still under explored in the literature.

This special issue seeks to compile a collection of papers that can contribute to the development of an exciting new research agenda geared towards the assessment of the relationship between entrepreneurship and its socio-cultural contexts.

The issue welcomes research papers that offer valuable new insights or present new approaches to any of the above or related topics. Papers that are either conceptually or empirically-based, employ a range of methodological approaches and offer an international dimension with valuable cross-country/cross-sectoral comparisons are also encouraged. Case studies on any of the above topics may also be submitted.

Subject Coverage

Topics appropriate to this special issue include, but are not limited to the following:

• The impact of culture versus location on entrepreneurial activities
  • The impact of entrepreneurship on socio-cultural changes
  • How enterprise-creation processes are shaped by the entrepreneur’s socio-cultural background
  • Entrepreneurial orientation in different socio-cultural contexts
  • Socio-cultural influence on entrepreneurial propensity
  • Socio-cultural influence on international entrepreneurship

Notes for Prospective Authors

Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).

All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.

Important Dates

Expressions of interest in the form of an abstract by: 30 November, 2012

Deadline for submission of full manuscript: 28 February, 2013

Editors and Notes

You may send one copy in the form of an MS Word file attached to an e-mail (details in Author Guidelines) to the following:

Professor Mai Thi Thanh Thai
HEC Montréal
Department of International Business,
3000, chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine
Montréal (Québec), H3T 2A7
Canada
E-mailmai.thai@hec.ca

Please include in your submission the title of the Special Issue, the title of the Journal and the name of the Guest Editor

(Source)